A 12 step recovery program is a staple of any alcohol detox center in Midway Utah. Acqua Recovery offers 12 step programs to help those who are suffering from alcoholism or other addictions. Our 12 step programs are self-help meetings where you can address your addiction, gain insight and encouragement from others and commit to staying sober.
We offer more than one type of 12 step recovery program in Midway Utah to meet your individual needs. Meetings are readily available both on-site and throughout Midway. You have instant access to a meeting somewhere in the area every day of the week. Whether you need encouragement, accountability, or a way out of relapsing, you can find what you are looking for a 12 step recovery program.
What Can You Expect at a 12 Step Recovery Program?
When you join a support group for the first time, you may feel a bit intimidated. However, you will quickly discover that a 12 step meeting provides encouragement and the support you need to get through your triggers or temptations. Everyone in the group is accepting and understands your challenges.
12 step programs promote long-term recovery and help you avoid a relapse when you are feeling tempted to drink. They also help you when you are dealing with anxiety, stress, or depression – all of which can cause you to reach for a drink. Instead of returning to your addiction, you can find a sanctuary with those who want to help you.
What Are the 12 Steps to Recovery?
No matter where you go or what group you join, the 12 steps to recovery are always the same. They have guided support groups since the 1930’s. The 12 steps to recovery include:
- We admitted we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable
- Came to believe a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understand God
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
- Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood God, praying only for the knowledge of God’s will for us and the power to carry that out
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts and to practice these principles in all our affairs
Join a Support Group at Acqua Recovery Today
Whether you are just getting started with your detox, completing rehab, or entering an aftercare program, you can join a support group today. Acqua Recovery offers a 12 step recovery program to provide you with the support you need to get clean and stay clean.
If you are looking for a 12 step recovery program in Midway, Utah, then we can also give you information and resources to find a support group near you. To find out more, call us at 866.830.4628. We are here to help you get on the road to recovery.